Hi Josh!

I really enjoyed reading your blog post from this week and look forward to making a couple of comments on it.

First, I share your anxiety with learning these various new topics that we will be looking at during the optional labs. Never having learned many of these in my life definitely makes me nervous to start trying them, but ultimately I am excited to learn how they work and how I can use them in my future classroom.

I never took EOS 120, but it sounded like a very interesting class to take. I can relate to how they used videos to help you understand plate tectonics, as when I was in grade 12 my English teacher used videos and clips of plays to help us better understand our Shakespeare section. By using the videos it definitely helped me to better understand what was going on during the play that we studied, King Lear, as well as enhance my engagement with the material, as the videos were often quite well put together and intriguing to watch.

Lastly, I enjoyed the video that you linked at the bottom that explains the principles of multimodal learning. I found it very helpful and informative about this topic.

I look forward to working with you during our group assignments, as well as reading your next blog post!