Hi Leona!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading through your blog post on multimedia and interactive learning. There were a couple of points that you made that I would like to touch on.

First, I have to applaud you for your research into the game Pandemic 2. I did not do too much research into this game and I am glad you did as it gives me a better understanding of how this game can be used to help children learn more about diseases and how they spread. Another point that you made about this game that I liked was about how Rich’s son learned more about his decisions and how they affected the game in a cognitive aspect. I never thought about how it also helps him to learn that his decisions have an effect on how the game will go, which in turn could lead to helping him understand that his decisions in life can also affect how events will happen.

Lastly, I really liked how you included a new resource called Breakout EDU. I had never heard of this game until you put it in your post. After looking into this website more I noticed that there are lots of games in a wide variety of subjects, one of which being elementary education which could prove to be very handy once I start teaching. This is a resource that I will definitely keep in my back pocket and hope to use and share amongst other educators as well.

I really look forward to reading your next blog post and working on our group projects with you!