Hi Josh! Your post on Brain Breaks for Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade // Mindfulness, social emotional learning, & more! was very well written. I want to start off by saying that video is an amazing resource! It was very useful and I thoroughly enjoyed watching it and even learned some new things. I agree with you that this would be a good video to show learners, as it does cover a wide range of topics but also does not go too deep into any of them. It is a good video as an overview of the general concept of brain breaks but still allows you to take the learning deeper into a variety of sub-topics. I like your idea of having the learners take notes and then put them into their own words in a blog post. This allows for maximum engagement with peers but also allows the learners to recognize what they may not understand quite yet.

Hi Kirby! I loved your post on interaction. The point you make about how we are inherently making decisions when on applications made me think. I never really thought about how even the “pointless” act of scrolling through TikTok is engaging my brain to make decisions based on what I like or find interesting. On another note, I absolutely love the video that you included in your post! That brain break would even keep me entertained as an adult, let alone as a kid. The video is very user-friendly with the options to either see the questions and actions or hear them. This allows all different types of learners to engage in the brain break. This video could also be useful to show in an interactive learning resource as an example. I believe that it is a very good example of what an active brain break could look like.