This is my last blog before the midterm date. I have been working very hard on learning Swan Lake. I can now play my right-hand and left-hand parts separately at full speed with next to no errors. I have moved on to playing both parts together. This is extremely difficult as I can only look at one part of the screen and/or piano at a time. I am finding myself playing more by memory now by knowing which notes and certain parts for each hand go together. I can also hear when I play a wrong note, as opposed to before when I would just play and be unsure if I played the wrong note or not. This caused me to have to start and stop a lot, but now being able to just hear it I can adjust it quickly and move on. I am working on playing both hands at full speed and can now comfortably play both hands at half speed and on a good day three-quarter speed, but have not quite hit full speed. I do not think I will be able to play full speed and completely accurately by my set date, but I do believe that I will accomplish this soon. I have continued to work on All of Me and Demons and those are coming along okay. I have not had much time to play them. I mostly just play those two songs when I need to take a quick mental break from Swan Lake and go back to it after. I am very proud of my progress so far and am looking forward to continuing this assignment.

Photo by Julia Jin on Unsplash